Sunday, June 13, 2010

Thursday, June 10th was the last day with boys and girls. I enjoyed attending the 6th grade promotion and found the day to be very relaxed since I did not have a homeroom class this year. At the end of the day I waved goodbye to the buses for the last time. The drivers honked the horns and the children hung out the bus windows waving vigorously. The tough and tender moments came when bidding my cooworkers farewell. This was the last work day for all instructional assistants. I have become very connected with these lovely people who dedicate their lives to helping boys and girls. I will miss them!
All teachers were expected to be at school on Friday, June 11th. I finished cleaning out my classroom and turned in my keys. It feels right to be finished with this chapter in my life. I am glad to have our mission to concentrate on and turn my attention and efforts toward. Saying goodbye to my fellow teachers for the final time was tender and emotional.
Last night Don and I were invited to dinner with Deb and Keith McCalment. Debbie has been a dear and loving and trusted friend. It will feel so strange not having her near. We had a wonderful time at Pappy and Harriet's in Pioneer Town having a great meal and good bluegrass band. Then we went back to Keith and Deb's for dessert and visiting.
So Saturday, June 12th was my first, official retirement day. Wha-hoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment