Sunday, September 19, 2010

Chinggis Khan Revenge

Montezuma has no corner on the "revenge." I ought to know! I had the Chinggis Khan's revenge starting Thursday night through Saturday and it was ugly!! Just let me say that I never throw-up - even with morning sickness, I never threw-up. Steele stomach!! But this hit me and I purged, and purged and purged. Afterward, I got better. It's over. Two days though and I thought I was going to die in Mongolia without seeing my children again. Don gave me a blessing and really think that the throwing-up was in answer to that blessing. It was the only way Heavenly Father could get it out of my system. It worked. Other than feeling heavy and lifeless, like I'd been run over by a Mac truck, I got better!!

We had invited a government official to come to dinner along with his little family including his wife and two children. We had also invited a young American couple, the Nielsons, to come. LJ Neilson speaks Mongolian and is here for a bank internship during his off-track semester from BYU-Idaho. He served his mission here in 2006. Now he brought his bride back to his old missionary stomping grounds. Hannah, his wife, works in the mission office helping out and teaching music skills. Hannah will continue teaching our government official English after we leave for Darkhan at the end of September.

Saturday, after Don had failed to get in touch with our man, Bat-Tur, and when I knew I was incapable of cooking, I told Don to call Hannah and ask her come cook. She did. I stayed in bed and they all had a nice meal and good visit.

1 comment:

  1. Please don't die in Mongolia! I'm so sorry you got so sick, but SO glad you are better now too! Love you!

    ReplyDelete